If you know me, and even only a little bit, you know I’m ALL about lippies. Lipsticks and glosses were my entry into the beauty community outside of hair, to be honest. I don’t know how many conversations I’ve had comparing the best reds, mattes, and metallics. But I do know how important having a good gloss in your arsenal is. It’s actually quite imperative.
Glosses give a bit of 90s vibe, while dolling you up just enough for any everyday look. But many a gloss has disappointed me, from stickiness, to drying characteristics, or just plainly making me look ashy. That’s why I’m here to let you know about all the holy grail glosses I swear by. They’re moisturizing, shiny AF, and fit in for anybody but especially women of color.
Here they are:
- NYX Butter Gloss
- NYX (which is pronounced nixx, not N.Y.X.) is probably the unsung hero of affordable but super, super quality beauty products. I mean, the brand is honestly incomparable. But these butter glosses? Honey. Phenomenal. I literally put it on and rub my lips together for the rest of the day, that’s how supple the gloss makes them feel. My favorite color is ‘Ginger Snap,’ but I think it’s everyone else’s favorite, too, because lately it’s sold out wherever I go! Get them here!
- Fresh SUGAR Lip Caramel Hydrating Balm
- So the name of this gloss is super long, but considering how terrific it it, I’ll allow it. I got this from SEPHORA after I won a gift card. To be honest, I probably wouldn’t even have entertained this if it weren’t for the gift card, but thank goodness I did. Y’all: this gloss is RIDICULOUSLY good! I legitimately saw a noticeable difference in the appearance of my lips from using it. It also tastes good (I know that’s not the purpose, but still). It’s more expensive than most glosses, but if you can get it, then treat yourself and get it! Get it here!
- Glossier Lip Gloss
- Simple name, simple formula. Glossier has got a good thing going on with most of their products, and it has of course transferred to their gloss as well. It’s a clear, high-shine formula. Not stick at all, and my favorite thing about it is that it pairs perfectly with any colorful base lippie! Give your favorite matte lipstick a glossy finish, add some dimension to another gloss, the possibilities are endless with this lip gloss! 13/10 would recommend, this gloss has truly got your back. Get it here!
- Bare Minerals Moxie Plumping Lip Gloss
- Ah, I have such good memories with this lip gloss. I will admit, it is a bit stickier than the others, but the good far outweighs the bad. To begin, it comes in a large selection of colors, but my favorite is by far ‘Rebel.’ It has all the important vitamins you look for in a hydrating lip gloss, plus a lil’ something-something extra to give your lips a healthy looking plump. The best part? That peppermint tingle!! It’s my favorite feeling, especially in hot summer months. Get it here!
- Fenty Beauty Gloss Bomb
- You had to know it was coming, right? If you haven’t heard about how brilliant of a gloss this one is, where’s the rock you’re living under? Rihanna’s gloss gem goes on nice and smooth, plus the rose gold hues complement just about any skin tone. I’ve only been able to test run the Gloss Bomb, but I really cannot wait to actually get my hands on the real thing, because my Fenty Selfies™ are the best things known to man. Get it here!
Many things in life change, but at least one thing remains constant: you can’t go wrong with a dependable gloss. And now, you’ll be able to finish off any look with 5 different glossy and bossy jewels! Now, go and shine bright like a diamond!
Until next time,